We're not going to lie, some of us in the Me-Mover Australia office still want to be relaxing in the summer sun with a cold drink in hand. So we decided to turn our daydreaming into some useful and YUMMY drink recipes for you!
Thyme Lemonade Slushie
This refreshing lemonade is perfect for keeping cool and hydrated. This batch serves 8-10 people but feel free to increase or decrease quantity as required. You can keep the mix in the fridge for a few days and then blend up with ice as you're ready to serve. We think the thyme adds a lovely twist on a classic but you can also replace it with sliced ginger or leave it out altogether.
300g caster sugar
1.5 litres water
Bunch of fresh thyme
500ml fresh lemon juice (about 6-8 lemons)
1. In a large saucepan combine sugar, water and thyme sprigs (reserve a few sprigs to garnish).
2. Gently heat to dissolve sugar. Then bring to the boil, stirring occasionally for approx 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and refrigerate lemonade at least 1 hour or until chilled.
4. Remove thyme sprigs and place chilled lemonade in a blender with some ice. Blend until smooth. Garnish with reserved thyme sprigs and lemon slices if desired.
Tip: If you don't have a blender, this is equally delish poured straight over ice. Also makes a great mixer for vodka or gin for an after-hours beverage.
Watermelon, Raspberry & Mint Muddle
Sticking with the fruit and herb combo, we are sure you'll love this drink which pretty much sums up summer in a glass! Plus it's quick (about 10 minutes) and easy to make. Serves 8 people.
4 cups of fresh watermelon, cut into rough chunks
3/4 cup chilled water
24 mint leaves
1 lime, cut into 8 thin wedges
Caster sugar or alternative, to taste
Fresh or frozen raspberries
1. Add the watermelon and chilled water to a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Divide mint leaves between 8 glasses, add lime wedges and a few raspberries. Muddle ingredients.
3. Add ice to each glass and pour in the blended watermelon mixture. Stir, add sweetener if required and serve immediately.
Peach and Jalapeno Margaritas
This summer inspired, sweet & spicy recipe comes from Spicy Southern Kitchen and is one for the adults only. However we're guessing you could take out the alcohol and add a dash of cold water and you'd be left with an equally yummy drink.
Jalapeno Simple Syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 jalapeno, sliced
2 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup simple syrup
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
30ml Triple Sec
2 handfuls ice
1. Combine sugar, water and jalapeno in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and stir to dissolve sugar. Press on jalapeno slices with a fork to help extract their flavor. Remove from heat and let cool, then strain out the jalapeno slices.
2. To make the margaritas combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses and enjoy responsibly.